The Redback... an incredible riding experience in Australia's Red Centre.
- Stage 5 on Saturday will start at 8am (not 9am) due to warm weather.
- Stage 6 on Sunday will also start at 8am (not 9am) due to the heat. Please stay hydrated.
Alice Springs is surrounded by kilometre after kilometre of hand built single track made for mountain bikes by mountain bikers, and this award winning event allows you race the trails with an awesome four day event designed for everyone.
The single track around Alice Springs really has to be ridden to be believed and if you have not been to Alice Springs before you'll be blown away by the quantity and quality of riding, along with the jaw dropping Red Centre landscape.
So lock it into your diary, grab your mates and join us for the MTB stage race with the easiest race logistics (and the best riding!).
4 day, 6 stage mountain bike stage race
Race all 6 stages OR pick and choose the stages you want to do!
||Thursday 20th - Sunday 23rd August, 2015
||Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia (the Red Centre!)
||For the MTB experience of a lifetime
Entries for The Redback 2015 are now open
The Redback is the revamped and rebranded version of the event formerly called the Ingkerreke Commercial MTB Enduro – we’ve just made a great event even better.
Changes incorporated into The Redback for 2015 include:
- 4 days and 6 stages racing (rather than 5 days, 7 stages)
- Event dates that run over the weekend – Thursday to Sunday = less time away from work and family
- The ability to race either all 6 stages or pick and choose just the ones you want to do
- Updated stages to include the best of the best trails in the region
Combine these improvements with the easy race logistics, friendly atmosphere and jaw dropping trails of the old race and you have an incredible MTB event.
"I've done the event for the last two years and for me it is the perfect opportunity to escape the dreary winter weather and hit up some of the best singletrack in the country. Nothing quite beats the stage race lifestyle....riding, eating, sleeping.....and chilling out by the pool after each stage. It is simply living the dream!!!" James Downing, 3rd overall in 2013 and 2014 event ambassador
Check out this great little video for a sneaky peek into what The Redback is like:
Also check out Rapid Ascent Events on Facebook for some great photo albums from the event.
* The 2011 event won the NT Tourism Brolga Award for the BEST FESTIVAL OR EVENT in the Northern Territory in a coup for mountain biking and tourism in the state.