THANK YOU everyone for making the 2014 Salomon Trail Running Series such a fun and rewarding experience for us all. We have honestly loved every moment of the 2014 series and the range of beautiful wilderness locations, friendly camaraderie and light hearted fun we have all shared over the last 3 months. Keep up your running over summer and we hope to see you at another Rapid Ascent event soon.
The 2015 race dates and details will be announced in December 2014 (but we have a few exciting new plans for 2015!).
What is the Salomon Trail Running Series?
The Salomon Trail Running Series is the way all running races should be – along beautiful running trails through the forest, with a friendly and welcoming race atmosphere, challenging but rewarding and with an event ‘feel’ that makes you say yeah, that was great!
The Series includes short, medium and long course races all on exhilarating trails through the wilderness and all within 1hr drive of Melbourne. Each race will take you to some magnificent landscapes with your running shoes on your feet and a smile on your face... you'll breathe in plenty of fresh eucalypt air, you’ll run through fern-fringed valleys, weave through towering gum trees and sweep along flowing trails beside rivers, creeks, beaches and lookouts.
This is what all running races should be like. Welcome to the revolution.
New Series Features:
- New location and new courses - Race #3 of the 2014 series will be held at a spectacular new location at Olinda in the Dandeong Ranges whilst race #2 and #4 will also include some new courses compared to previous years. So those returning for another year can experience some new wilderness running in even more beautiful locations
- New Social Media interaction and heaps of prizes to win at each event with things like the Salomon Selfie, Suunto Sprint and Trail Tales where we'll share with the world how much fun we have getting dirty on a Sunday morning!
2015 Event Dates:
||Sunday 21 June
||5km / 11km / 15km
||Sunday 19 July
||6km / 12km / 17km
||Sunday 16 August
||Olinda, Dandenong Ranges
|| 7km / 15km / 21km
||Sunday 20 September
||Anglesea, Great Ocean Road
||8km / 15km / 23km
*Race 4 is held in conjunction with the acclaimed Surf Coast Century 100km ultra marathon on Sept 19, 2015
Why join the 'Bitumen is Boring' crew?
- Genuine trail and wilderness experiences with quality courses in magnificent locations
- 3 course options at each race for ALL running abilities
- Great value for money, especially Series Entrants
- Friendly event atmosphere
- Accessible locations located within 1hrs drive of Melbourne
- Interactive Race Village at the Start/Finish line
- Fantastic PRIZES in all categories
- 4th year of The Series and the enthusiasm continues to grow with 1,400+ runners at each event
Trails for everyone, beginners to bush running bullets...
Many people think all trail running events are 50km+ and over mountain ranges – well they can be, but they can also be short, rewarding, close to home and enjoyable for everyone – and that’s what the Salomon Trail Running Series is all about.
Each event is held in a different locations and includes races of THREE DIFFERENT DISTANCES: a short course race of 5-8km, medium course of 11-15km, and long course of 15-23km, so now just about anyone can come and run in the wilderness.
Past Participant Testimonials
"Everyone I know that has turned to the trails to run is really enjoying it. It’s a great community and if you can get off the road it’s a lot easier on the body. I love it because you travel to beautiful places – and along the Yarra River it is just beautiful.” Mick Donges, Race 1 medium course winner, 2013
"Although the hills were a bit steep, it was so beautiful out there. The first river crossing was fun too and I’m really happy with my finish – I love these trails, so much better than the road.” Heather Christie, Race 2 short course female winner, 2013
“It’s a ripper course. It’s just got everything - uphill, downhill, single track, trail, a bit of mud and fallen trees to jump over – just spectacular.” Campbell Maffett, Race 3, 2013
"It’s great to have the opportunity to run a race in a place like this; it’s the FREEDOM of running through the trails that make it so spectacular.” Sonia O’Sullivan, 2013
“It’s always a great day out and good fun to run in the mud! I really love Race 4… running along the beach and up through the bush; it’s just really lovely.” Leanne Merrett, 2013
“It was my first trail run and was absolutely awesome. That hill was a monster though and I felt you had to be more focussed and aware of your surroundings on the trail runs; but I loved it all”. Emily Caracella, Race 3 short course, 2013
“It was my first trail run and I loved it. It’s so different to running on the road and so much more enjoyable to be out in the nature with a few obstacles along the way. I’ll be back for more!” Jenny, Race 1, 2003