End of an era for the Lorne Adventure Fest
To all our Lorne Adventure Fest competitors, event partners and supporters,
After an incredible 10 years of the Lorne Adventure Fest we now advise that the event will no longer be continuing with 2014 having been the last race.
This has been a very tough decision for Rapid Ascent as it was the first event we ever conducted and last year we celebrated its 10th anniversary but we have decided to cease running the event to concentrate on other races.
We have all shared so many incredible experiences down at Lorne and we thank you for the enthusiasm and energy you have brought to the event over the years. Many of these memories are represented on the pages of this website and especially on the two pages linked below.
We are sorry that we will not be seeing you down at Lorne in December 2015 but hope we will see you at another of our events very soon - and if you are looking for appropriate alternatives to Lorne may we recommend:
- The Act-Belong-Commit Augusta Adventure Fest on 7-8 November 2015 in Western Australia. This is th esister event to the Lorne Adventur eFest and has the exact same format but with 3,800 competitors!! Its an incredible race experience.
- The Falls Creek Mountain Raid, 14-15 February 2016. This is a teams adventure race and trail runnign festival held in the alpine play ground around Falls Creek in the Victorian High Country - definitely worth checking out!
- or check out our full Rapid Ascent list of events
So from all of us at Rapid Ascent, thank you for sharing the Lorne Adventure Fest journey with us and for your continued support for our eventsand we hope to see you at another of our events at some point soon
The Rapid Ascent Team
THE RACES THAT WERE THE LORNE ADVENTURE FEST
There is an adventure race for just about everyone with 3 massive off-road adventure events taking place over the weekend:
1. Lorne Adventure Race - Sunday 7th December
The premier race for the more experienced (or the more determined!) adventure racer over a NEW 55km course, including ocean swimming, kayaking, mountain biking and trail running. Open to individuals and relay teams. This is the Australasian Multisport Championships.
2. Lorne Mini Adventure Race - Saturday 6th December
A half distance race ideal for younger competitors and first timers, designed to provide a taste of adventure without the intimidating distances involved in the full length version. The course includes swimming, kayaking, mountain biking and trail running with total distance of 29km. Open to relay teams and individuals; and great for newcomers and female participation!
3. Junior Survivor Lorne - Saturday 6th December
A 4km running and obstacle course for kids aged 4 to 13. The super fun adventure challenge gives kids a dose of off-road excitement!