If you cannot find the answer to your question – please e-mail email@example.com
1. Will I receive my plate in the mail?
All 100km/50km VIP race plates will be posted out on Tuesday 10th March 2015.
If you do pay the additional $6 for postage, your plate will be posted out on Tuesday 10th March 2015.
If you are not going to be home prior to the event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 4th March 2015.
2. I would like to have my race plate posted out prior to the event?
If you did not select this option in the entry process, please e-mail email@example.com to arrange to have your race plate posted out prior to Wednesday 4th March 2014. Please note this will be an additional cost of $6 per race plate.
3. If I did not select to have my race plate posted out in the entry process, when do I collect this?
If you did not select to have your plate posted you can collect your race plate from race registration on Friday 20th March 2015 or by prior arrangement on Saturday 21st March 2015 (prior to race start) Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
4. What happens at registration?
You will collect your race plate with timing chip attached to the rear plus any freebies. You do not need to bring any-thing - just a smile :)
5. Can I swap from 100km to 50km or vice versa?
Yes – as long as we have not reached our field capacity we are happy to arrange this swap prior to the event. Please e-mail email@example.com. We require this change made by Tuesday 17th March 2015 8am.
Please note: swapping from 100km to 50km, the difference in entry fee will not be refunded. Swapping from 50km to 100km you will be required to pay the difference in entry fee.
6. Can I order event merchandise?
Yes – you can order merchandise when you complete your entry online. If you missed this in the entry process, please refer to the merchandise tab on the left hand side.
7. Can I purchase insurance for this event?
Yes – please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to add insurance to your entry for $15.
Rapid Ascent events are not affiliated with MTBA events (this does not cover you in our events) You do not need a MTBA Licence to compete.
Further information about our insurance can be found here.
8. Am I able to pull out of the event and get a refund?
Yes – if you e-mail email@example.com prior to 8am Saturday 28th February 2015 you will receive your entry fee refunded minus a 20% admin fee (min $10 and max of $40) OR we can arrange a Rapid Ascent credit minus a 15% (min $10 and max of $40) administration fee.
After Saturday 28th February 2015, we will not be issuing refunds or credits.
9. Are you allowed to receive external help?
Mechanical assistance can only be received by other riders or the designated event mechanic.
Competitors may only receive external support from support crew within the confines of the Forrest Football Ground at the 38km and 64km points in the 100km race, and at the 25km point on the 50km race (approximate distances). This area is defined as any section along the course that is within the playing surface of the Forrest Football Ground.
Any riders seen to be receiving any external support outside of this designated area will be given a 30 minute penalty - this includes collecting water bottles or other hydration or nutrition from spectators as well as items that have been ‘pre-placed’ on the course for collection during the race.
This will be strongly enforced in 2014.
10. Will there be hydration available on the course?
Water on the 100km course -
• 26km point Shotz Hydration Station at the intersection of Thompsons Track and the start of the Motorbike Single Track - tap fill up with Shotz Nutrition electrolyte tablets available from marshals if required
• 38km point Shotz Hydration Station at the Forrest Festival. There will be taps located right next to the track with Shotz Electrolyte tablets available from marshals if required
• 64km point and the Shotz Hydration Station at the Forrest Festival again (same drink station as at the 38km point)
• 85km point Shotz Hydration Station at West Barwon Dam Wall picnic area - tap fill up with Shotz Electrolyte tablets available from marshals if required AND water bottle transfer location (see below)
• 100km point Forrest Festival. Tap fill up, more water OR time for a beer and hamburger from the stall holders in the Festival
Water on the 50km course -
• 25km point Hydration Station at the Forrest Festival. There will be taps located right next to the track with Shotz Electrolyte tablets available from marshals if required
• 50km point Forrest Festival. Tap fill up, more water OR time for a beer and hamburger from the stall holders in the Festival
Water on the 15km course -
• 8km point Hydration Station at West Barwon Dam Wall picnic area - tap fill up with Shotz Electrolyte tablets available from marshals if required
Shotz Sports Nutrition will be at the expo on Friday night so you can purchase all your hydration needs at registration.
11. My family is coming along, are they able to help out on the day?
Yes – we appreciate all of the help we can get. It would be great if you could spare an hour or two throughout the event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to the Registration tent throughout the day.
12. I was too late in getting accommodation at the Forest Caravan Park, what should I do?
We suggest calling the Apollo Bay & Colac Visitor Information Centres. They will be able to assist with any accommodation available in the area.
Apollo Day Visitor Information Centre – 03 5237 6529
Colac Visitor Information Centre – 03 5231 3730
13. Can I camp at the event expo area?
No – We do not allow camping at the event expo area. Please call the Visitor Information Centres listed in Question 10 for further information.
14. Is there any compulsory equipment I need to take?
It is compulsory to carry a basic first aid kit for 100km and 50km event. First Aids kits must contain at least -
· 2 x crepe bandages
· 6 x wound closure strips,
· 1 x triangular bandage,
· 2 x non stick wound dressing pads
· A pair of surgical gloves.
Available to purchase at registration for $15
This does not apply to the 15km event.
15. What is the Fire Safety and Extreme Weather policy?
Click here for more information on Fire Safety procedures.
16. Where are the results for this event?
Results can be viewed here
17. How can I view the photos from the event?
All images can be viewed at Super Sport Images
18. I would like to purchase a Rapid Ascent gift voucher?
Please e-mail email@example.com to arrange your voucher
19. What date are the categories for this event determined on?
Age categories will be determined by your age on the 15th of March 2014. (the date of the first race in the Maverick Marathon Series)
This website is the best resource for information and explanation of the riding around Forrest with descriptions of each trail, news and updates from the Forrest MTB Club, trail maps and plenty more. Make sure you check it out.
If you are looking for 2 other superb MTB events then we'd have to recommend the following (which happen to be run by us as well):
Bike Buller MTB Festival presented by Kona
Mt Buller, Victoria, March 8 - 10, 2014 www.BikeBuller.com
This exciting event brings all that’s great about mountain biking to the one spectacular location for a massive biking weekend. With a range of events over 3 days including a 25km XC race, 50km wilderness ride and revolutionary 5hr lift assisted Super D Enduro (Brake-Burner). Add to this a mid event party, kids race, bike expo and more and it’s no wonder this event is popular.
Ingkerreke Commercial MTB Enduro
Alice Springs, NT. May 19 – 23, 2014 www.ICME.com.au
An awe inspiring mountain bike stage race in and around the majestic MacDonnell Ranges of Alice Springs. With 7 racing stages over 5 days varying from a 45 second hill sprint to a 100km epic, this is MTB nirvana with plenty of flowing single track, incredible scenery and friendly camaraderie