Welcome to The Redback - an incredible riding event in Australia's Red Centre.
Alice Springs is surrounded by kilometre after kilometre of hand built single track made for mountain bikes by mountain bikers, and this award winning event allows you race the trails an awesome four day event designed for everyone.
The Redback is the relaunched, rebranded, revised version of the event formally called the Ingkerreke Commercial MTB Enduro – we’ve just made a great event even better.
Changes incorporated into the 2015 Redback include:
- 4 days and 6 stages racing (rather than 5 days / 7 stages)
- Event dates that run over the weekend – Thursday to Sunday = less time away from work to compete
- Race one stage or race them all format – you choose what you want to do
- Updated stages to include the best of the best trails in the region
Combine these improvements with the easy race logistics, friendly atmosphere and jaw dropping trails of the old race and you have an incredible MTB race.
The rest of the information on this website will be updated for the new Redback format by the end of October 2014, so check back soon for more details or contact us if you have any questions now.
||4 day, 6 stage mountain bike stage race
||20th - 23rd August, 2015
||Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia (the Red Centre!)
||For the MTB experience of a lifetime
2014 VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
Video highlights of the 2014 event captured by rider Norm Douglas:
Also check out Rapid Ascent Events on Facebook for some great photo albums from the event.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MOUNTAIN BIKING IN ALICE SPRINGS?
Check out this short clip filmed in March 2013 by the guys from FLOW Mountain Bike and Race Director John Jacoby.
* The 2011 event won the NT Tourism Brolga Award for the BEST FESTIVAL OR EVENT in the Northern Territory in a coup for mountain biking and tourism in the state.