Q & A
ANACONDA MINI - AUGUSTA, WA
1. What happens at race registration?
At race registration you will be required to sign an Indemnity form and collect your race items, freebies and the opportunity to purchase an event t-shirt for $20.
2. Can I register on behalf of my team mate?
No – we are required to see all team members at race registration.
3. Do all of my team members need to register at the same time?
No – team members can all register separately. We do not need to see you all at the same time.
4. What do I need to bring to registration?
Nothing – just a smile. We will have every-thing you need.
5. Can I update team details at race registration?
Yes – but an administrative fee will apply. To assist us in the delivery of the event, we require all team changes by Friday 26th October 2012 (no fee will apply if changes are made by this date).
6. How do I update my team details?
E-mail Claire – email@example.com with your team changes by Friday 26th October 2012.
7. Is it ok if I change from an Individual to a team?
Yes – you need to notify us of this change ASAP. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org & she will arrange this.
8. I need to withdraw from the event?
E-mail Claire – email@example.com to arrange your refund or notify us that you will not be racing.
Refund Policy as per website –
More than 2 weeks prior to event: Credit towards a subsequent event less a $30 administration fee. You must inform us in writing (email is sufficient) before this time.
More than 2 weeks prior to event: Refund can be offered less a $40 administration fee. You must inform us in writing (email is sufficient) before this time.
Less than 2 weeks prior to event: No refund
In the event that the race is cancelled due to extreme climatic conditions, no refund will be given.
For more information please click here
9. Is it compulsory to attend the race briefing?
No – as long as you have read the event program and have a thorough understanding of the race. Any major changes will be communicated to all competitors via the website, Facebook and at the race start. The race briefing is a great time to ask questions etc.
10. Teams Only – What do we do with the bib & timing chip?
The bib & timing chip will be given to the swimmer at registration (leg 1) – the bib and timing chip is passed on to all competitors at each transition. It’s like a relay baton. The bib must be the outer most garment at all times. Timing chip must be worn on the left ankle (needs to be close to the ground to ensure an accurate reading). Do not place timing bands on bike handle bars.
11. Where do I put the timing chip?
Your timing chip must be worn around your left ankle at all times. It needs to be on the ankle so it’s close to the timing maps. If you wear this on your wrist, we cannot guarantee you an accurate result.
12. Can I wear my hydro-pack or PFD over my race bib?
No – your race bib must be the outer most garment at all times. We need to be able to see your race number at all times. It will stretch.
13. What type of PFD (Personal Flotation Device) do I need for the paddle?
This must be type 2 or 3. This must be worn at all time. Your race bib must be worn over the top of this.
14. Is there a water station on the run leg?
No – you must carry your own hydration for the 2 run legs.
15. What type of bike helmet is required?
Certified Bike Helmet to Aust/NZ/US standard. It must be fasten before leaving a transition area.
16. When should I pick up my race gear from the transition areas?
As soon as possible – It would be great if you are a team to pick up as you go. If you are an individual, perhaps have your support crew meeting you at each spot collecting your items.
17. What happens to items left at the transition area?
Any items left at the transition areas will be taken back to the finish line and placed in Lost Property.
18. Do I have to be at presentations to collect my prize?
Yes – we encourage all winning positions to be at presentations. We will post small items out if arranged prior. (medals, vouchers, etc)
19. Where can I view race results?
Race results can be viewed straight after the event here
We will have also results displayed on our website soon after the event.
20. Where can I view event photos?
Photos will be available to purchase the week after the event from the event website. For more information – firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Do I have to wear a helmet in the paddle?
Yes – you are required to wear a helmet at all times during the paddle, a bike helmet is acceptable.
22. Do I have to wear the orange anaconda swim cap?
Yes, it is compulsory to wear the swim cap issued at registration.
23. What are the cut off times for the race?
As per website. The cut off times listed below are provisional and may change (slightly) nearer the time
Cut-off times at each transition point will be strictly enforced.
End Swim1:45pm (i.e. 45mins600m)
End Paddle 1:00pm (i.e. 1hr14mins for 6km)
End Run #1 1:40pm (i.e. 40minsfor 3km)
End MTB 2:40pm (i.e. 1hourfor 12km)
24. Is there any-thing else I should know?
MTB & RUN – All competitors are required to carry a first aid kit. These will be available from registration for $15.00. These are very good value, and can be retained for future events if unused.
First Aid Kit must include - 2 x crepe bandages, 6 x wound closure strips, 1 x triangular bandage, 2 x non stick wound dressing pads and a pair of surgical gloves (available to purchase during registration for $15)