Salomon Trail Running Series – Entry Categories and Prizes
The following categories will be recognised at each of the 2013 Salomon Trail Running Series Races for the long, medium and short course distances:
- Under 20 Male and Female
- 20-39yrs Male and Female
- 40-49yrs Male and Female
- 50-59yrs Male and Female
- 60+yrs Male and Female
Categories will be determined by your age on race day
Race Prizes and awards
Salomon, Suunto and other Sponsors' prizes will be awarded as prizes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category in each race distance at each race location.
Additional prizes will be added to this prize pool as additional sponsors are appointed to the series.
Series Prizes and Awards
Long, Medium and Short course Series winners in each category will be recognised based on the details below:
- Series results will be determined for runners who complete 3 races out of the 4 races
- It does not matter which of the 3 races you complete. If you do all 4 races then you can drop your worst result so that only 3 races are counted.
- To be considered for a series result a runner must do all 3 races of the same length (eg all long course runs or all short course runs – not a mix of the two)
- Series runners will be ranked according to their category place in each race, with the lowest cumulative score being the winner of the series in that category
- If points are tied between two or more runners, then the runner with the best placing in Race #3 (Silvan) will be the winner. If neither of the drawn runners complete Race #3 the winner will be determined by their result in Race #2 (Plenty Gorge)
Salomon Trail Running Series 1st Male and Female in each distance (irrespective of age) will be awarded a fantasic Suunto & Salomon Prize pack to be determined closer to the time.
Winners of the other age categories (1st, 2nd and 3rd) for the Salomon Trail Running Series Long, Medium and Short Course will receive a medal at Race #4.
Random Prizes and Awards
A range of random prizes, encouragement awards and other presentations will be made to runners during each race – so it will be well worth waiting around after you have finished as anyone can be a winner!