This is the final event schedule for the 2015 event.
Friday 20th March 2015
|4:00pm - 9:00pm
Competitor registration (for 15km, 50km and 100km races) at the Forrest Football Ground.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ATTEND REGISTRATION YOURSELF. SOMEONE ELSE MAY COLLECT YOUR NUMBER PLATE FOR YOU.
Any riders under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign an indemnity form when collecting number plates.
|4:00pm - 9:00pm
Food and beverages, bike servicing, merchandise and all sponsors onsite at the Forrest Football Ground.
Saturday 21st Mach 2015
100km Giant Odyssey start procedure
||Late registration for 100km riders at the Forrest Football Ground (by prior arrangement only)
||100km Giant Odyssey elite women start - on Yaugher Rd
||100km Giant Odyssey race start - for all riders (except elite females) on Yaugher Rd
50km Giant Shorty start procedure
||Late registration for 50km riders at Forrest Football Ground.
||50km Giant Shorty race start for all riders on Yaugher Rd
||Leading 100km riders expected to enter the footy ground at the 38km point
||Leading 50km riders expected to enter the footy ground at the 25km point
||Festivities at the Forrest Football ground start
||Leading 100km riders expected to enter the footy ground at the 64km point
||Winning 50km rider expected to cross the finish line
||Winning 100km rider expected to cross the finish line
||50km Giant Shorty race presentations
15km Giant Pioneer start procedure
||Registration for Giant Pioneer 15km race
||Giant Pioneer 15km race starts on Yaugher Rd, approx. 300m past the intersection of Kents Rd and Yaugher Rd
||Giant Pioneer 15km - first competitor finishes.
||100km Giant Odyssey and 15km Giont Pioneer Race Presentations on the Forrest Football Ground
Forrest Festival closes
||After Party: Forrest Brewery
Forrest Football Ground – start and finish line for all races
The Forrest Football Ground is located on Yaugher Road, 1.5km north of the township of Forrest and hosts the following features of the event:
- Race registration on Friday afternoon and evening
- Start line for the 100km Giant Odyssey, 50km Giant Shorty and 15km Giant Pioneer
- Finish line for all events - the 100km, 50km and 15km
- Forrest Festival and Bike Industry Expo providing food, drinks, kids entertainment, live music and much more, for riders’ families and the general public
- Intermediary 38km, 65km points for 100km riders and 33km point for 50km riders being the only location where riders may receive external assistance from support crews
- Race presentations at 12:00opm and 3.30pm
Forrest is located approximately 2hrs from Melbourne with the quickest route being via Geelong and Winchelsea. Forrest is a 40 minute drive from Apollo Bay and 25 minutes from Colac.
COMPETITOR REGISTRATION AND SPONSORS EXPO
- All riders for each of the 3 events must collect their number plate before the start of their event (unless you completed Platinum entry and so got your number plate and t-shirt posted to you).
- NOTE: you can arrange for a friend to collect your number plate for you.
- Any riders under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign an indemnity form when collecting number plates.
All 100km and 50km riders (except Platinum riders) must register on Friday evening at the Forrest Football Ground.
Late registration for 50km and 100km riders on Saturday morning is ONLY AVAILABLE by prior arrangement directly with the Rapid Ascent office, phone 03 5261 5511.
Giant Pioneer 15km riders can also register on Saturday afternoon before the race at the Race Administration marquee.
VIP and Platinum VIP riders.
We offered 3 different entry levels into the 100km and 50km events with VIP and Platinum VIP riders paying more but receiving much more for their entry. The added offerings listed below will be given to you when you complete registration.
- Event t-shirt
- Giant water bottle
- Shwalbe inner tube
- Finish line drink voucher for a beer, wine or can of soft drink
- 10minute massage after the race (Platinum VIPs only)
- Bike wash token so your bike is cleaned for you after the race
- A special number plate that denotes your status!
Sponsors expo and event festival
There will be a lot going on at the Forrest Football Ground throughout registration on Friday evening and the event on Saturday, including:
- Giant will have a full size range of their most popular mountain bikes models availabe for people to test ride
- Giant Hampton will have a bike shop set up with plenty of last minute items to purchase + some great specials.
- A number of sponsors will be set up and open for business so make sure you check out their stands including Adidas Eyewear, Shotz Nutrition, Shwalbe
- A range of food and beverage offerings
- Kids entertainment (Saturday only), such as face painting and a jumping castle.
To help you have a hassle-free time at the Giant Odyssey we will be providing the following services to competitors.
We are happy to look after a bag of clothing whilst you are out racing so you have some clean clothes to get changed into after the race. All clothing must be in a single bag, with name, race number and telephone number clearly marked and must be dropped off at the race registration marquee on the Forrest Football Ground before your race. Clothing will be available for collection from the same spot upon presentation of your race number plate anytime on Sunday
Hydration and nutrition drop offs
100km & 50km riders:
You can pre-place your own hydration / nutrition alongside the race chute in the football ground ready for you to collect during the race. Hydration / nutrition must be dropped off as follows:
- Must be placed in number order according to the numbered signs (so it is easier for you to find it!).
- Is limited to a water bottle or two and some food in a small bag only – no deck chairs, eskies, umbrellas or kitchen sinks (we’ve seen all these before!).
- Do not dislodge or move anyone else’s gear as they also need to find theirs when they come past on their bikes.
For 100km riders ONLY:
We will transport your pre-prepared race food and drinks from the Forrest Football Ground to the water point at the 85km point at the top of West Barwon Dam Access Rd (There will be water drums and Shotz tablets to fill up your own bottles at this location as well).
Hydration / Nutrition drinks and food to be transported must have your race number clearly written on the top for easy identification, and must then be in a single bag (that is separate from clothing bag) and must be handed in to the Race Admin marquee during the hours of registration (4:00pm-9:00pm) on Friday night. We will transfer them to the water point and lay them out in consecutive number order next to the race track. It is your responsibility to find your bag / bottles.
On site bike shop and mobile mechanics
The Giant Hampton Bike Shop will be set up on the footy ground and will be fully equipped to look after any mechanical issues you experience out on course, with 2 mechanics and a full range of spare parts at the ready. They will be set up on Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday during the race to help you if needed. All work will be charged at a reasonable rate.
Mechanical assistance can be provided to riders only whilst you are on the playing surface of the footy ground, so if you have a mechanical out on course then walk/roll/run your bike back to the ground and you can receive help there.
Showers at the Forrest Festival
To make it more comfortable for you to hang out at the Forrest Festival after the race, we will be providing shower facilities at the finish line. Showers will be free, but we ask you to be Water Wise as the water is transported to Forrest and we want it to last for everyone.
Bike wash - small change for a great cause!
If you’d like to wash away the pain, mud, sweat and tears from your bike at this year’s Giant Odyssey, and donate some change to a good cause, please visit the bike wash situated next to the mobile shower truck. For just $5 you’ll be supporting the local Scout / Venturer Unit whilst getting your ride pampered and cleaned beyond recognition as part of their first class bike wash service.