Welcome to the 2012 Anaconda Junior Survivor Challenge at Lorne! We hope you are excited because this will be a fun event for everyone!!
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS!!
These ‘on-the-day instructions’ tell kids what you have to do and where they have to go… and give parents a clear understanding of what will happen during the event. The first thing is, don’t forget to register between 12:30pm & 3.00pm on Saturday afternoon in the Adventure Expo on the Lorne Foreshore. This is very important and where we give you all your goodies!
POINTERS FOR COMPETITORS – for the kids!
- The course will be very well marked, you just have to follow the orange witches hats, red and white arrows and red / white plastic streamers tied to the trees. If you have any problems, just ask the officials in the bright orange vests
- The course is approximately 4km long. This will take you between 20 minutes and 60 minutes to finish so make sure you pace yourself and do not try and sprint the whole way! It is OK to walk if you want to!
- We encourage you to try and finish the whole course, but if you want to stop, just find a marshal wearing an orange vest and tell them.
- This event is about having a fun time outdoors, have patience if there is someone in front of you and don’t push them out of the way!
Saturday 8th December, 2012
12:30pm – 3:00pm Registration for competitors in the Anaconda Junior Survivor.
3:15pm All participants in the Anaconda Junior Survivor to be at the start line
3:30pmThe 12-13 yr age boys groups starts
3:31pmThe 12-13 yr age girls groups starts
3:32pmThe 10-11 yr age boys groups starts
3:33pmThe 10-11 yr age girls groups starts
3:34pmThe 8-9 yr age boys group starts
3:35pmThe 8-9 yr age girls group starts
3:36pmThe under 8 age boys groups starts
3:37pmThe under 8 age girls groups starts
4:30pm Anaconda Junior Survivor presentations and spot prizes
Sunday 9th December, 2012
8:00am Anaconda Adventure Race start at the Lorne Pier
11:00am – 5:00pm Adventure Expo open
12:00pm – 4:00pm Children’s activities open in the adventure expo
12:00pm First Anaconda Adventure Race competitor expected to cross the finish line
4:00pm Anaconda Adventure Race Presentations and Random prize give-aways
- Children will start in staggered groups according to their age group and gender with the oldest going off first and following age groups at 1-2 minute time intervals later.
- This start line is located on the beach in front of the race expo area.
- All children must be gathered at the start at 3:30pm sharp, so we recommend you get to the start line at 3.15pm so you don’t miss out!
CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
- Please attach the race number given to you at registration to the front of the t-shirt or top to be worn during the event. This race number must be clearly visible on the front of the outermost piece of clothing for the whole race!
- We recommend that you leave spare clothing at the start / finish area so you can get changed afterwards
- Participants must wear shoes for the entire event - even into the water
- Participants do not have to wear the t-shirt we will give out at registration during the event – but of course you can if you want to!
- The course will be very well marked with orange witch’s hats, red and white arrows and red / white plastic streamers and tape so it is very easy to follow. There are also a number of marshals wearing orange vests located along the course to provide assistance and direction for everyone.
- There are a number of different obstacles and challenges located around the marked course, all are designed for children, are supervised by a marshal and will not cause children any great difficulty.
- Children can be accompanied around the course – they are here to have a fun learning adventure.
AFTER THE RACE
- Presentations will be held at approximately 4:30 pm from the stage next to the finish line.
- A whole range of spot prizes and random presentations will be made to kids and drawn randomly ‘out of the hat’ at the presentations after the event. The event is designed around getting kids outdoors and active, and less about racing and competition, so we will not be timing the kids around the course and will not be awarding specific prizes to the first over the line in each category. This way anyone can be a winner.
We hope you enjoy the Anaconda Junior Survivor Challenge and remember that there are a lot of cool adventures that can be had outside!